If we are to preserve culture we must continue to create it:
Culture Sayings and Quotes
Life would be pretty boring without culture. It influences the music we listen to, the food we eat, our interests and even our values and views on morality.
Why is it important to embrace our cultural differences?
Below you’ll find a collection of wise and insightful culture quotes.
By learning to embrace our cultural differences we make our society even stronger. The following culture quotes will help you learn to appreciate the benefits of cultural diversity in society.
The only way to drive out bad culture is to create good culture. We need to recognize that artistic talent is a gift from the Lord – and that developing those talents is the only way to create good culture. By C. S. Lewis.
1. The beauty and Identity of every nation is in the revelation of its culture and language. This is sometime hidden within, the wise discovers them out. – By Ed Arcton
2. Culture is a way of coping with the world by defining it in detail. – By Malcolm Bradbury
3. Culture is not made up but something that evolves which is human. – By Edward T. Hall
4. If we are to preserve culture we must continue to create it. – By Johan Huizinga
5. “Culture is the name for what people are interested in, their thoughts, their models, the books they read and the speeches they hear.” – By Walter Lippman
6. “Culture makes people understand each other better. And if they understand each other better in their soul, it is easier to overcome the economic and political barriers. But first they have to understand that their neighbor is, in the end, just like them, with the same problems, the same questions.” – By Paulo Coelho
7. “We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.” – By Kofi Annan
8. “The role of culture is that it’s the form through which we as a society reflect on who we are, where we’ve been, where we hope to be.” – By Wendell Pierce
9. Every culture has something to be ashamed of, but every culture also has the right to change, to challenge negative traditions, and create to new ones. – By Ralph Nader
10. “Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.” ― By John Wesley
11. “What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.” ― By Hans Urs von Balthasar
12. “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him” ― By John Piper
13. “Rejection is an opportunity for your selection.” ― By Bernard Branson
14. “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” ― By Elisabeth Elliot
15. A sign of a culture that has lost its faith – Moral collapse follows upon spiritual collapse. By C. S. Lewis
16. Human culture has always had to exist under the shadow of something infinitely more important than itself. If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. By C. S. Lewis
17. On Lordship over Culture: As evangelical Christian, we have tended to relegate art to the very fringe of life. The rest of human life we feel is more important … We have misunderstood the concept of the lordship of Christ over the whole man and the whole of the universe and have not taken to us the riches that the Bible gives us for ourselves, for our lives, and for our culture.