RUBY-JO ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
ADMISSION POLICY PROCEDURE
Families interested in joining our school (Ruby-Jo Education Centre) Preschool are encouraged to contact our Administration for a personal tour. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and provide more information.
You are welcome to visit classrooms, view curriculum, meet staff and see our students in action. If you decide you would like to enroll your child(ren), a meeting with our Director or school representative would be the next step.
At this meeting the mission and program of the school, as well as your reasons for wishing to enroll your child(ren), will be discussed. Please bring your Application for Enrollment, Pastoral Reference, and Statement of Faith forms, Registration Fee, Medical report, recent Report Cards (if transferring from another school) and any related educational documents regarding your child.
The purpose of Ruby-Jo Education Centre is to provide for and give to our children that weekday and online instruction which is in agreement with our basis, and which is necessary if they as children of God’s covenant are to occupy their places worthily in all spheres of life.
In obedience to God’s instruction that we “teach our children the fear of the Lord”, and in response to our covenant vows with the Lord Jesus Christ, the Founder, the Board, the Leadership and Teachers of the school and as fellow-believers have agreed in principle and practice to uphold and stand by the Mission Statement of Ruby-Jo Education Centre. View Mission Statement here
The instruction our children receive at Ruby-Jo School will be a Christ-centered education of high academic quality based on the Holy Scriptures and the Christian Confessions. This instruction will be given in an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation between the school and parents, students and teachers. These sensitive and compassionate teachers will guide the children in order that they may develop their talents to the best of their ability.
The goal of that education is that our children will view all of the subjects taught through the “spectacles” of the Holy Scriptures, and that through this instruction the students will increase in their knowledge of God. Through the Holy Spirit working in the lives of our children, this knowledge of God will evidence itself in a living faith as our children learn to apply what they have learned and being taught to all of their lives in service to God.
The supreme standard of Ruby-Jo Education Centre shall be the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament, herein confessed to be the infallibly inspired written Word of God. These form the basis for administration, instruction, and discipline in the school. Acknowledging that these Scriptures in instructing us of God, ourselves, and God’s creation contain certain basic principles, which are authoritative and relevant for education, we hold that >>> View our Statement of Faith here
Ruby-Jo Education Centre maintains that Christian education is founded upon the covenant which God established with His people as expressed in the Holy Scriptures, as we read in Genesis 17:7:
“And I will establish my covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.” This promise is also expressed in Acts 2:39: “For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”
Therefore parents who wish to educate their wards at Ruby-Jo Education Centre need to be informed and respect our Statement Faith in the inspired Word of God, the Bible, and the practical application of the Word of God in our school. Ruby-Jo does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, tribe or socioeconomic background of children.
By signing our admission forms you are agreeing to respect our stand on our Statement of Faith.
Even though interest in enrollment comes to the school in many different ways, it is important that the formal enrollment process be administered by the Enrollment Committee. This will facilitate the efficiency of the process, as well as assure that it meets with the intent of the Society through the School management.
- Children who will be One (1) year old and above on or before September 1 may enroll in Creche, Nursery and Kindergarten in September of that year. A Kindergarten Readiness Test will be administered and the results will be used to advise school officials and parents concerning the readiness of the child to attend kindergarten, and to identify the child’s strengths and weaknesses. Verification of age must be presented by the first day of class.
- The September 1 cut-off date for school enrollment is strongly recommended to parents. However, if the parents are insistent on sending their child who is born after this date, the child will be required to score above average in at least six of the ten categories in the Ruby-Jo Education Centre Readiness Test and not score in the “below average” category in any of the other four. The child must also be deemed ready for school kindergarten by an interview at the school premises with support of parents being in attendance. Another consideration would be available openings in the upcoming class in order to make an exception to the September 1 date.
- A child who is transferring from another school to Ruby-Jo Education Centre will be required to take an entrance examination to determine suitability for the Grade applied. Parents will be advised accordingly depending on the child’s performance in the examination.
- If a new student seeking admission was suspended, expelled, or on probation from his/her previous school, he/she application may be considered, refused or denial admission by the Enrollment Committee and the School management after review, assessment and investigation.
- A student who is 1 year or more below grade level will not be accepted into the regular program, but will be considered for acceptance in the creche and nursery department program.
- In order to gather additional information, the administrator may also contact one or more of the following: previous school administrator, teacher, and pastor or guidance counselor.
- Students must fulfill the medical requirements including immunization records and attendance requirements.
The Enrollment Committee of Ruby-Jo Education Centre consists of committee members established by school leadership, including at least one member from the Education Committee and from the Finance Committee, along with the Administrator.
The following are the steps to be followed when parents or guardians apply to enroll their children at Ruby-Jo Education Centre for the first time.
All parents and guardians shall be given a copy of the Parent Information Packet containing at least the following after submission of application:
- Enrollment Policy
- Application with Enrollment
- Statement of Purpose
- Mission Statement
- Statement of Faith
- Information about the financial operation of the school.
- Tuition payment policy and requirements
Parents/ Guardians may register their interest for admission of the wards to Ruby-Jo Education Centre on the school website or by a visit to the school premises. The former will contacted and arrangements made for visit to the school to pick up admission forms.
After the application has been submitted, a conference with the Enrollment Committee must be arranged.
During the conference, the Enrollment Committee shall discuss with the parents or guardians the following:
- The applicant’s reason for desiring Christian education at Ruby-Jo Education Centre.
- The goals, purposes, programs and governance of the school.
- The Christian commitment and lifestyle of the applicants.
- The applicant understands of our Christian distinctive and how they are taught at Ruby-Jo School.
- The needs of the student being considered for enrollment.
- Determination of the applicant’s financial commitment to Ruby-Jo Education Centre.
- Tuition payment policies and requirements.
AGREEMENT, ACCEPTANCE & CONFIDENTIALITY